Sending lots of love today to all of my family, friends, readers and fellow bloggers! Happy Valentine’s Day! Whether you’re spending the day with your partner, your best friend, or by yourself, know you’re never alone. There is always someone out there who loves you!
1. I am loving Leinenkugal’s Snowdrift Vanilla Porter and Southern Tier’s Choklat Stout. They’re dark and sweet, but the flavors aren’t overpowering. They’re perfect for the winter!
2. I am loving patterned tights this season and went a bit overboard the last time I was at Express (they were buy one get one 50% off!) Here are a few that I purchased:
Sheer Lace Full Tights (what I’m wearing in the photo)
3. I am loving The Lumineers self-titled album. It is filled with spirited, infectious beats that you just can’t help bobbing your head and tapping your feet to. I’m sure most of you have heard their popular single “Ho Hey!” and have experienced the immediate smile that crosses your face as you take in the romantically simple lyrics of “I belong to you, you belong to me, you’re my sweetheart.” Some of my other favorites are “Dead Sea,” “Stubborn Love,” and “Big Parade.”
I am also becoming slightly obsessed with British singer-songwriter Ben Howard and his album Every Kingdom. The acoustic guitar and his soothing voice make it a great album to sit back and chill out to. One of my favorites is “Old Pine,” which I think really demonstrates his song-writing ability. He sings, “Hot sand on toes, cold sand in sleeping bags, I’ve come to know that memories were the best things you ever had. The summer shone beat down on bony backs, so far from home where the ocean stood, down dust and pine cone tracks.” When you listen to it, you are transported to the woods and really feel like you’re camping with your best friends in the heat of the summer. A couple other favorites from the album are “The Wolves” and “Black Flies.” I’m hoping to get tickets to his show in NY in February!
4. I am loving my new Michael Kors watch in tortoiseshell! The reddish brown tones along with the gold go with everything!
5. I am loving all things that sparkle, especially when bows are added in – like this super cute belt my aunt gave me for Christmas!
6. My parents got me New Girl Season 1 on DVD for Christmas and I can’t stop watching it. I watched it when it was on TV, but I love being able to watch episodes back-to-back non-stop. I am definitely going to have a “douche jar” in my apartment…just sayin’.
7. I am in the market for new perfume and I am loving Jimmy Choo. It’s got sweet hints of vanilla and patchouli and the scent lasts all day. And I love the description on Amazon because its all about being confident, fun and chic: “It expresses an aura of strength and beauty. Glamorous in attitude, confident, intelligent, and with a sense of fashion and fun, the fragrance is a modern fruity chypre with warm, rich, woody depths. It’s a fragrance inspired by modern women – strong, empowered, beautiful, seductive, and alluring with a hidden and mysterious sense of confident sexuality.”
Stay Curiously Chic! xo…Alane